Frequently Asked Questions

Hobby Area travel social   =

Q: How old do I need to be to join?

You must be age 50 or above to be a member.

Q: How much does it cost to join?

Annual dues are $10.00 Pp. $15.00 Husband Wife .and apply to the calendar year in which they are paid. Dues paid in October/November/December are applied to the current and following calendar year.

Q: Where do we meet for social events?

For lunch socials, we meet at local  chosen restaurant, Self Pay 

For monthly meetings, we meet at

3827 Broadway   Houston Texas  77017

At Servants of Christ United Methodist Church  ,

In the Fellowship Hall. At 9.30 Am for refreshments and Travel Register

Q: Where do we meet for bus trips?

We meet in the Broadway  Street   parking lot at 3827 Broadway  Houston Tx.  Servants of Christ United Methodist Church

Q: Is this a religious organization?

No. Hobby Area Travel and Social Club is not affiliated with any religious organization. Additionally, we welcome everyone age 50+ regardless of their religious beliefs. The very kind members of the Servants Of Christ United Methodist Church allow us to use their facilities for a small donation. Please let them know how much we appreciate their generosity.

Q: How much do the Local Trips cost?

The cost is based on a group rate offered by the places we visit, with a senior citizen discount applied (where applicable).

Q: How much do the Chartered Trips cost?

The cost of other chartered trips is based on a group rate offered by the places we visit, with a senior citizen discount applied (where applicable.

Q: Is there a restroom on the bus?

For Local Trips, there is NO restroom on the Harris County bus,

For Chartered Trips, there is a restroom on the bus, and we always schedule a restroom and stretch stop half-way into the trip.

Q: Is there a comfortable place to wait for the bus?

Yes. You can wait i at the meeting place

Q: Can the bus pick me  up at home?

No. All participants must load the bus at the meeting place. Please arrive 15 minutes early and Check in with Carl Henderson

Q: Is there a place to park my car while I am on a trip?

Yes. There is plenty of free parking at the meeting place.

Q: Who drives the bus?

For local trips, bus service is provided by Harris County Precinct 2 senior bus service.

Q: Are people allowed to smoke, eat, drink, or consume alcohol on the bus?

For local trips, no smoking, food, drinks, or alcohol are allowed. Bottled water is ok.

Q: Is lunch provided on bus trips?

No. A convenient and economical lunch location is selected for each trip. However, the cost of lunch is to be paid personally by each participant.

Q: Are participants expected to tip the bus driver?

No. The driver is tipped by HATS.

 Q: Do I need identification to get on the bus?

Yes. A valid government issued ID is required to board the bus.

Q: What should I bring with me on the bus?

Medication (daily or emergency), water, light jacket or small blanket (all buses are air conditioned and can get chilly inside)

Q: What do I do if I get sick on the trip?

Before departing, you will be required to complete a confidential medical information card. If you become seriously ill, 911 emergency paramedics will be called, and they will use the medical information on your personal medical card to assist you.

Q: How do I leave a Comment about a trip?

You must be a registered user on the website, and you must be logged in.  After you have logged in, click on the name of the trip you want to comment on. Once the page for the trip has opened, you will see a light grey box under the word “Comment” where you can type your comments. After your comments have been typed, click the green box that says “Post Comment”.

Q: I left a Comment. Why can’t I see it on the website?

All comments must be approved by HATS before they are made visible to the public. No comment will be approved if it contains foul language, personal slander, or content unrelated to the topic to which it is attached.

Hit Counter by